BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Womens World Cup

  Today and over the past few weeks we have witnessed something extraordinary. A Women's World Cup that has really, in my view, made the Mens World Cup look like a rather foolish half hearted game at best. I have watched almost all the games from the opening of group play forward. The play I have watched has never been boring nor has it been extremely flashy either. What I have seen is a passion that seems to lack somewhat in the mens game in general.The 2 teams that have advanced to the final have some things that will provide for an exciting final. 1) Both have the will to win and the guts to try. 2) HEART. Both the U.S.A. and Japan have heart. To me this means not only do they play for themselves and bragging rights, they play for we supporters. In this day and age of the endorsement deals, huge pay days for lackluster play, and taking liberties at the expense of your club or countries reputation I find it very refreshing to watch this Women's World Cup. I believe it has renewed my faith in the beautiful game and that some footballers still play for the sake of game and not purely for money or ego. Thank you ladies. GO U.S.A. !!!!!!!        

0 comments: